With College GameDay coming to our WSU Pullman campus, there are many exciting things happening this weekend. Crowds in the Pullman-Moscow area are anticipated to be nearly 100,000 to participate in GameDay and see Ol’ Crimson fly in Pullman.
Traffic congestion is expected to be severe and we encourage everyone to be careful and mindful on the roads this weekend. Allow extra time to travel to and from your destination. Expect a large number of RVs on the road. Pedestrian traffic will also be increased so be aware of individuals walking to and from events. The following road closures will occur this week:
- Thursday, Oct. 18:
- Stadium Way from Wilson Road to North Fairway from 1-4 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 19:
- Stadium Way from Wilson Road to North Fairway from 9:30 a.m.-approximately midnight.
- Saturday, Oct. 20:
- Stadium Way from Grimes Way to Cougar Way from midnight-after the football game.
Fans are encouraged to utilize the Park and Ride or walk to campus due to limited parking for College GameDay. For more information regarding College GameDay, see https://wsucougars.com/sports/2018/10/16/college%20gameday.aspx?id=13571.
Here are a few tips to help you plan ahead to ensure you have a safe and fun weekend:
- Check the event website above to see the rules for the pit (hint: no bags, alcohol or food permitted).
- Be aware of your surroundings and pay attention to where the exits are.
- Review transportation options for getting to the event.
- Represent WSU well – be courteous, show school spirit and welcome all visitors.
- Celebrate safely. College GameDay is an alcohol-free event.
- Dress appropriately for the event. Saturday morning temperatures are expected to be in the low 40s, warming up to mid 60s during the day.
- Cell towers may become overloaded and you may not be able to use your phone. Plan ahead if you are meeting up with friends.
- If you see something, say something. Security and Police will be on-site to provide a safe environment for all.