Weather Emergency Condition Levels
At the Pullman campus, the President or designee may declare one of the following condition levels when a weather emergency is imminent or active.
· Green Classes, nonessential services, and essential services are all operational
· Yellow Classes are delayed or cancelled. Nonessential services are reduced at the discretion of unit heads. Essential services are operational. The length of class delay is set by the President or designee.
· Red Campus is closed. Nonessential services are suspended. Essential services function with minimal levels of staffing.
Vice presidents and deans are to exercise discretion in determining essential services and essential minimal staffing levels in accordance with 60.40 and applicable leave policies. Additional guidelines related to inclement weather and suspended operations are available from the Human Resource Services (HRS) website at:
When the WSU Pullman is at the yellow or red condition level, the presumption is that University will return to the green condition level on the following day unless the President or designee decides otherwise.
In times of crisis or when critical information must be shared, the University provides emergency information and guidance to WSU personnel and students. Based upon the nature of a given event, the University may use one or more of the methods described below:
· WSU Crisis Communication System provides direct emergency notification to students, faculty, and staff through land line and cellular telephone using voice and text messaging and e-mail. In order to receive notifications, WSU personnel and students must register their telephone numbers and e-mail addresses through the zzusis portal.
· WSUALERT provides direct e-mail notices to all faculty, staff, and student e-mail addresses that appear in the WSU online telephone directory.
· WSU main web page provides notice on the weather emergency condition levels at: